Bonjour je suis Ettig

Ettig Grunar
 Grumpy Bastards
 No Response

Bonjour je suis Ettig

Message par Ettig Grunar » 14 oct. 2019, 22:30

Bonjour,

je suis Ettig (aka Chris). Dans cette email Je vais continue crire en anglais parce que plus tard je veux etuide parler francais.

as an EVE WH-Veteran i am looking for

a) a fun way to dive back into EVE-WH space after almost 4 years of more or less inactivity
b) especially a french(!) corporation because - and please do not laugh - i like to improve my french !
c) a good community and gang to have fun and kill stuff in WH´s !

I did little research ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=josav64DA1g ) and found a few alliances respectively corporation caught my eye, especially you. HIDDEN BAGUETTE.

Je joue à EVE depuis 2011. Depuis environ 2012/2013 dans l'espace des vortex C4 et C5. Je suis facile à vivre, je suis concentré sur le PvP et j'ai une certaine expérience des vortex.
Mon plus grand défi n'est pas la veille et le vortex, mais de m'entendre avec votre culture française de l'aviation.

Things i was involved in (mainly my recording but not my voice):

youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bcale4c9O7A&t=696s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikdYPW1duaw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbMuuG4fsPw ( --> enemy point of view https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Jo1akbxP8U )
others
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPsqcWu ... Se&index=7
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSSKbPj ... e&index=10

Killboard:
https://zkillboard.com/character/90778447/

in RL i am located in Germany, if that matters, have a full time job, work quite a lot and do lots of sports as well.

Your recruiting is "selective". If you like to get know me i will be happy receiving your answer.

After the "recruiting" process i hope and i do not expect anybody to talk english with me, cause i love to take the challenge improving my french and getting to know new people - even if that means somebody yells at me in french because i do not understand at first.

For fights i do not think "knowing" the basic commands is too hard. I speak german, english, basic french and chinese.

Ettig is my main account, i do have a perfect scanner alt on another account, for WH scan. I used to play like this in the past.
My current corp (british, dutch, danish, german - MIX) is inactive due to RL, despite still being in very good touch via RL messengers.

I am looking forward hearing from you.

o7
Ettig :D

PS:
short summary how i began playing EVE:
in 2008 my brother started playing with his americans friends. I installed the game and had no idea what to do.
Nobody told me anything. 2 weeks later i deleted the game.
in 2010/2011 my brother started playing again, so did i. The first (WH) corps i applied to told me to join an other corporation first to "learn the game", so i joined EVE University for a few months. When i felt i was ready i joined a Null-sec corp for a short time and then finally found my home with "Grumpy Bastards" in C4 wormhole space.
Since 2012 i have been flying with them and even met some of them in RL for some drinks in Copenhagen.
During a nice WH fight we met "Balls to the walls" and formed the alliance "No Response". Since we had bigger number then we moved up to C5 WH space for quite some time and had good fights there.
I finished my masters studies and found a good but also time consuming job (workaholic). Since then i was not able to play EVE on a regular basis anymore.
At work i have quite some frensh colleaugues talking german or english with me. This is one of the reason i am especially looking for a french WH corporation.
I believe i can get the best out of it this way: 1. throwing in my EVE and WH experience and improving my language skills + getting to know new people of course!

PPS:
due to the job my main activity at the moment can be between Sunday to thursday evenings.

Watarina
 Hidden Baguette
 X877.

Re: Bonjour je suis Ettig

Message par Watarina » 15 oct. 2019, 08:58

:lol:

NomdeZeus
 Hidden Baguette
 X877.

Message par NomdeZeus » 15 oct. 2019, 10:40

Hi Ettig, wellcome here !
Can you talk to us more about some points?

- What ship do you like to fly? are you able to fly logi? a T3c? are you an Amarr esclavagist ?

- The corporation sometime organise some Pve operation but not on a regular basis. How do you plan to earn your money ?

- Senario : you jump trough a hole, you see a dread, a MTU and some wreck on dscan. What do you do ??

I have to warn you, usualy, french people dont speak english very or not at all. It's also true for this corp (and I think about myself whenn saying it ^^).
so, be ready to speak french 95% of the time. but don't worry, we will help you if needed. I hope we will not have comunication problems during fights. It could be pretty dramatic.

Watarina
 Hidden Baguette
 X877.

Message par Watarina » 15 oct. 2019, 11:05

And ... are you a spy ?

:lol:

Mouillette Mortesburnes
 Hidden Baguette
 X877.

Message par Mouillette Mortesburnes » 15 oct. 2019, 12:34

Thank you Ettig for your nice presentation.

You can pop on our Discord https://discord.gg/K852dbm so we can have a vocal chat :)

You're a courageous one !

Tnemelc Abramovich
 Hidden Baguette
 X877.

Message par Tnemelc Abramovich » 15 oct. 2019, 13:05

Bonjour Ettig, et merci pour cette présentation et l'intérêt que tu nous porte :)

Ton expérience du wormhole en général en fait une bonne candidature, et ton intérêt particulier pour notre entité est intéressant ^^
Avec ton niveau de maîtrise de la langue, ton intégration au sein de notre groupe sera un challenge que tu semble motivé à relever, ce que je salue !

J'espere que nous pourront te prendre à l'essai et espère te voire dans nos rangs bientôt.

Kani Todako
 Hidden Baguette
 X877.

Message par Kani Todako » 15 oct. 2019, 14:16

Hello !!

welcome aboard, bienvenu à bord.

En espérant te voir en jeu .

:)

Kani

Ettig Grunar
 Grumpy Bastards
 No Response

Message par Ettig Grunar » 15 oct. 2019, 19:21

Merci beaucoup,

J'ai lu toutes les réponses en français, j'en ai compris la majeure partie et j'essaie de répondre en anglais jusqu'à ce que nous soyons plus avancés dans le processus de recrutement. :!:
And ... are you a spy ?
mais non!!
Avec ton niveau de maîtrise de la langue, ton intégration au sein de notre groupe sera un challenge que tu semble motivé à relever, ce que je salue !
merci !!! i will stand up to the challenge.
What ship do you like to fly? are you able to fly logi? a T3c? are you an Amarr esclavagist ?
what i like to fly:
i am really flexible. Ettig is pretty much perfect naglfar pilot and a very good moros pilot.
Any T3 is no problem; i can also check my logi skills not sure about them atm.
I guess i am very good gun skills, good lazers/missile etc. I can improve to perfect skills on any of them if required.
What i did and flew in the past:
I flew archon in the past.
i loved sabre, dropping bubbles
i did skill my own scanner toon to perfect scanning skills cause i believe scanning fast and good was key in the past to cach stuff in WH ( i know scanning mechanics(interface has changed a bit, i probably need little time to get back in there.
i do not mind amarr, i love legion.
in the past during old NO RPESONSE active times i was among top 2 or 3 scanners scanning the most. from my experience having good scout and actually "finding" targets was big parts of Whß si lived. it does not happen everyday that a fleet roles into the hole and asks for a fight in local. so from my experience, good, fast scanning and jumping WH, sneaking up and being patient was quite important. depends on the style of the fleet you are in of course. If you roll static with a big fleet over and over you just need to be fast and precise.
- The corporation sometime organise some Pve operation but not on a regular basis. How do you plan to earn your money ?
well in the past, years ago, i did indeed to lots of PI with even more toons. I was able to pay and buy everything just off the PI.
We also occasionally did escalation sites in C5.
i believe i have enough ships left atm to wipe 2-3 dozens times before i have to buy anything new.
i would probably try to get back into PI, i do not know about ur planetsetup yet. i was making good ISK on robotics in the past.
- Senario : you jump trough a hole, you see a dread, a MTU and some wreck on dscan. What do you do ??
depends on how many/who is online, if am the "combat scanner" (like in case of rolling wh´s), do i have my own fleet sitting on the other side rerady to jump in?
1. hold cloak / look what kind/type WH i am in
2. inform people on ts ( if i am not alone)
3. dscan / look for approx. AU range.
4. try to give and gather as much information as possible while still holding cloak.
5. if i do not have a site nearby the approx. dscan position...
6... cloak would probably break and i cloak straight up again.
7. warp out of dscan range/check system of ofther ships/POS whatever,
8. if out of dscan range, decloak, drop combats, cloak, warp back to the hole. get probes further offscan so nobody sees them maybe i need it later.
9. IF i am not alone and we have a fleet, go back to 5. ...
5.1. drop combats, scan him down asap
5.2. if this works very fast fleet could jump in in the meantime, hold cloak, and take fleet warp on 0 to target ship,
5.3. i preferable have sabre with the fleet, cause aligning and warping fast fastest in the past.
... was pretty good and fast doing this in the past --> well in this example we did not have a fleet ready yet (took as about 4 mins) and i found all the ships + warp ins without dropping any probes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikdYPW1duaw :mrgreen: :mrgreen: --> video at 4:33mins.. listen ... that was my favourite job and what i was good in in the past, besides shooting stuff. i was always on the fleet with other ships as well, but u just see one toon :ugeek: oh and i remember on the recording i could mute my mic, cause in the preparation phase i was talking quite a lot getting all the information across.
PS: oh, and never forget bookmarking the hole ;)
PPS: back in the days, it was also me finding these guys in the C6--> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bcale4c9O7A&t=696s while scanning and jumping holes, only reason we could not kill all of them faster was, we had a really small cruiser size hole in the chain and could not bring bigger stuff. it took little too long with what we could bring in so they had time to call for help. still good fight and find though. due to all the scanning etc. i usually did not do fleet command, i was multiboxing already anyways....
I have to warn you, usualy, french people dont speak english very or not at all. It's also true for this corp (and I think about myself whenn saying it ^^).
so, be ready to speak french 95% of the time. but don't worry, we will help you if needed. I hope we will not have comunication problems during fights. It could be pretty dramatic.
well, i expect to hear french only, due to my experience and hopefully good learning skills i hope i will not be the "dramatic turhning point in a fleet". could be at the beginning that i listen a lot because my brain needs to geet used to the language. i learned chinese in the past, in china. in 6 months i could speak allright chinese starting from zero.

I really work quite a lot, in RL so i hope this wont be a problem. i also love sports because i do not wanna get fat because of all the cookies i eat.
I did crazy things in the past, when i was student, like "24h WH observation" in prepartion of an invasion. but i do not have the time for this anymore.

I will be online later tonite :)
Modifié en dernier par Ettig Grunar le 15 oct. 2019, 19:40, modifié 2 fois.

cobra Akiga
 Hidden Baguette
 X877.

Message par cobra Akiga » 15 oct. 2019, 19:33

Bienvenue parmi nous Ettig. Bon courage pour la suite ;)

Don Djiseusss
 Hidden Baguette
 X877.

Message par Don Djiseusss » 15 oct. 2019, 20:31

Bienvenu !

Et jolie presentation .
Au-delà de la nuit, dans le Kalahari, le lion va rugissant comme un gros chat qui miaule, car le sable brûlant chauffe ses roubignoles.
Litteul K.